Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Invalid Bing API Key cause map freezing

Invalid Bing API Key cause map freezing 1 month 2 days ago #370

• Christophe
  • Administrator
Problem: I Discovered on many of my website that at the first zoom attempt map freezes. This problem occurs when using an invalid Bing map API Key.

Solution: unactivate all Bing maps, or request a valid API Key (replace the default non working key which is the J!TrackGallery one :) !)

Additional Comments: In my case, I had a valid BING API Key, Bing maps where working for two years and suddenly this bug occurs in August 2017. You probably had the same bug!! Bing told me that " Key Status: Blocked - Key has exceeded the Terms of Use limits" . In my case this is related to higher traffic than allowed for free API Key.
Investigating further, It seems that this traffic is probably generated by different websites using J!TrackGallery and my API Key (The default API KEY are J!TrackGallery one's, and for Bing the API Key is not restricted to a domain name so everyone can use it).

In future version (>0.9.27), I will remove my API keys.
Christophe
J!TrackGallery developper
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Christophe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Invalid Bing API Key cause map freezing 1 month 1 day ago #371

• Marco
Hi Christoph,

Oops, it looks like I was one of the people who hi-jacked your Bing API key (unintentionally). In fact, I thought I had disabled the Bing maps for that reason. I looked at the backend and indeed I had set the Bing map set to 'unpublished' in the administrative interface. However, when looking at a GPS track, it does allows people to choose bing as a map. Is that the intended behaviour? I started looking through the code to try and understand where the maps/layers are loaded from the data base, but did not find it yet...

Marco.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Marco.

Invalid Bing API Key cause map freezing 2 weeks 2 days ago #373

• Sven
Hi Christophe,

I had this same problem. But no Bing Map was published - they were all unpublished. I solved it the following way:

1.) I activated a Bing Map Api Key
2.) I went to Components>J!Trackgallery>Maps
3.) I added my Bing API key to all Bing maps in the list (all unpublished) saved and it works again.

So even though I had no Bing Map activated I had to add the API key to unfreeze the maps when scrolling...
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds