Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Route upload

Route upload 2 years 1 week ago #10243

• Marco
Ah, I see. There was a problem in xml file for the blue flag icon. Attached the corrected file. (renamed to Flag Blue.xml.txt since the forum does not like xml files.

The file goes in the components/com_jtg/assets/images/symbols/Flag Blue.xml directory

Changing some of the text from track to route should be easy. However, the main menu item 'GPS tracks' would by default show both tracks and routes. I think that's fine from my perspective. Do you agree? Or would it be better to have separate lists of tracks and routes?

Best regards,

Marco.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Makro

Route upload 1 year 11 months ago #10244

Hi Marco.

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice the mail among a lot of other mails.

I don't think it's that important what the header/category says. But it might confuse some people, who would expect to find only what the header says.
Some might find it confusing to have both mixed up, others don't care about the difference, and prefers to have both mixed up.
There's really no obvious answer here :-)

Personally I think it's a bit overkill to make separate categories/headers for tracks and routes. It's fair enough to do, but instead I suggest to keep tracks and routes mixed:
  • modify the header to something like Tracks and Routes
  • have some minor visual difference between a route and a track, like red and blue icons. The standard Joomla mouse over help, can explain that this icons means track or route

I hope this don't confuse you, but help you. But these choises can cause some headache ;)

Route upload 1 year 4 months ago #10252

• Marco
Dear Thomas,

I looked a bit more at the code and found a way to show a route or track icon depending on the content of the file. You can get a version of the code with this improvement here:

github.com/mastervanleeuwen/J-TrackGallery/archive/v0.9.27b.zip

(this link can be copied into the 'install from URL' field)

My test site with this functionality is here: testing.gta-trek.eu/testing/index.php/jtrackgallery/files/list

I did not yet update the text in the menu items to 'Tracks and routes' or so, because this is a bit intertwined with language/translation settings.

Hope it is useful....

Marco.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds